Basic Underground Utility
Print Reading Workshop
Class size: 10-20
Course length: 0.5 day
This course will provide participants with the information necessary to read, interpret and work with common underground utility drawings. Participants will be able to identify the approximate location of underground equipment before their crew exposes them by hand.
This course is best delivered shortly after SFT-150 Underground Utilities Awareness Workshop, as the content builds upon the topics covered in that course.
All workers who may be involved in digging around or near underground utility lines.
- Worker Safety Regulations and other relevant legislation relating to underground excavations
- Due Diligence
- Colour markings for various utilities
- Common reasons for underground equipment damage and how to prevent them
- How to use the Plan and Profile found on some utility prints
- Common Utility Print items on most underground utility prints
- How to use underground prints to identify the location of all underground equipment before an excavation.