Class size: 4-8
Course length: 4 days
This generic circuit breaker course is intended to familiarize the participants with the basic principles involved. All types of high voltage breakers will be looked at from an operations and maintenance standpoint.
Electrical workers who must install, maintain, troubleshoot and operate high voltage switch gear.
- Overview of nameplate data, ratings, and specification
- Methods of electric arc suppression
- Techniques to interrupt operating and fault currents
- Breaker contact construction materials, its maintenance and problems
- Interrupter operations and typical problems for various circuit breaker types
- Purpose and application of circuit breaker accessories
- Components and performance of control circuitry
- Procedures and equipment used in circuit breaker commissioning, troubleshooting, and diagnostics